Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Elements & Principles of Photography

Leading Lines
Definition: It's an easy path that the eye can follow, which starts at the bottom of the picture and ends out of the picture.
I love music so this really jumped out at me. This represents leading lines because the guitar strings allows my eye's follow its path and it starts at the bottoms and ends.

Asymmetrical Balance
Definition:Different objects balance each other out on the page


The bird and the snake facing each other give off the balance and they are clearly two different objects.

Bird's Eye View
Definition:View from above looking down

So you can obviously see the view the living room but instead of seeing the side view of the furniture you see the top and almost everything. And I like the colors.

Curved Lines
Definition: Lines that deviate from straightness in a smooth continuous fashion.
-comfort, safety, familiarity, relaxation

It reminds me of home and where I'm from. This is what we call rice fields.

Diagonal Lines
Definition: Lines that run in a slanted direction.
-movement & direction
It caught my attention because of how the background is blurry while the subject is clear.

Emphasis
Definition: Elements in a piece that are given dominance or attract attention
The difference in color how the rest of the background is green while the water droplet is still clear.

Framing
Definition: Directs viewers attention to what is important using objects or elements existing in the scene.
The color of the door struck me because I really like that color.

Horizon Line
Definition: Used to emphasize the sky or ground based on the placement of horizontal line where ground meet sky.
I love the way the boardwalk and the brick is divided.

Horizontal Line
Definition: Lines that run east & west.
- Rest, calmness, tranquility
The color and the lines made me calm.

Movement/Rhythm
Definition: Shows action & the path of the viewer's eyes through the artwork.
The lines in the mountain made my eyes move anywhere it lead them.

Proportion/Scale
Definition: The relative size of one object in relation to another.
You can obviously the difference in size between the building and the man which I thought looked like a type of toy.

Repetition/Pattern
Definition: Repeated consistency of an element in a work.
I like to take care of my hair thats why I chose this picture.

Rule of Thirds
Definition: Compositional rule of thumb where the whole image is divided into 9 equal parts; compositional elements should be placed along the lines.
I like the color of the tennis ball and how it's clear while the background is blurry.

Simplicity
Definition: Singling out an item(s) from their surroundings.
The color of the apple is what struck me.

Symmetrical Balance
Definition: One side balances or mirrors the other (separated by a vertical line)
I love interior design so I decided to use this picture.

Texture 
Definition: The appearance and feel of a photo.
This is a fruit back from where I am from and the spikes are very painful.

Unity
Definition: All elements of piece work together to a balances, harmonious, complete whole
The shape, neutral color and simplicity is what took me in.

Variety
Definition: Differences in elements & principles of design that give interest to a composition.
I love the color and the shapes is what drew me in.

Vertical Lines
Definition: Lines that run north& south.
-grandness & spirituality
The spirituality of the picture is what i liked about it.

Worm's Eye View
Definition: View from below looking up 
I like the woods so I choose this picture.














No comments:

Post a Comment